Our 2022 Bookings Guarantee
Global Action’s aim is to ensure schools can manage all overseas trips safely, and in line with UK Government best practice.
Our ‘Global Action 2022 Bookings Guarantee’ is designed to reassure schools, parents and students with both financial protection and delivery of safe programmes.
Students’ payments are fully protected
As a special offer, for trips departing between March-August 2022, we are changing our Booking Conditions to offer a full refund if the school decide to cancel, up until 1 September 2021. Please see terms and conditions below^.
Our ATOL Protection means that you are covered by stringent British travel industry regulations and UK legislation so you can book with confidence and security. We are a fully-bonded UK tour operator, and provide school teams with financial protection through our ATOL Licence.
We have reserve backup destinations available, with each itinerary suitable for our Global Learning programme. By 1 April 2022, if Government restrictions prevent the trip from taking place, Global Action will advise School Leaders, offering:
- Either, an alternative destination unaffected by COVID-19 restrictions, at no extra charge. All money paid would be fully credited towards this.
- Or, reschedule the trip to the same destination at a later date, at no extra charge.
Rather than cancelling, this will still give your students the opportunity to fully participate in this exciting educational opportunity. If a student is not able to participate in the rescheduled trip, parents will be refunded all payments made to Global Action excluding the deposit* . We will also refund their deposit if another student is able to take their place.
(* the deposit covers payments made for international flights, travel insurance, in-country visits and bookings, school workshops, and extensive itinerary planning)
Safety is our priority
Our team have over 30 years’ experience in organising trips safely. We are putting all that experience to good use in planning for your 2022 trip. Further to our comprehensive Safety Management Systems, we are revising our Risk Assessments with COVID-19 specific sections and ensuring all of our dedicated providers are able to deliver our trips safely and in line with best practice from UK Government.
Your group will be fully covered by our travel insurance policy. This includes:
- Pre-departure cancellation cover if a participant contracts COVID-19 in the UK prior to travel and is advised by their treating doctor not to travel, or to quarantine.
- Medical cover during the trip for any participant who contracts COVID-19.
Benefits of planning early
- Beat the rush! (Limited Availability) – due to the nature of our tailored trips, we have limited capacity in each destination. We expect our lower cost trips will sell quickly once the Department for Education allows planning for international trips.
- Something to look forward to – it’s been a hard year for everyone. Having a trip to look forward to in 2022 will be a huge lift! After lockdown, students and teachers deserve a life-changing experience. Global Action trips are unique opportunities to learn about important global issues, and develop self-confidence, leadership and teamwork skills.
- Time for raising funds – booking your trip now will give your students the time they need to raise funds for their trip. We will provide full support along the way.
Due to the highly educational value of this trip, all participants will automatically earn the widely recognised ASDAN Universities Award, which looks excellent on University Applications.
^ Global Action 2022 Bookings Guarantee Terms and Conditions
- For trips departing between June-August 2022, we will offer a full refund if you decide to cancel up until 1 September 2021. (This refers to new bookings made from 1 October 2020 onwards).
- For trips departing between March-April 2022, we will offer a full refund if you decide to cancel up until 1 May 2021. (This refers to new bookings made from 1 October 2020 onwards).
The 100% refund only applies if:
- A group cancellation is received in writing from the Lead Teacher, or a member of the Establishment Senior Management, before the deadlines outlined above. Standard terms and conditions apply to individual students dropping out.
- At the time of cancellation, the Department for Education advice prevents overseas travel or Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office advises against all but essential travel to the destination or a 14-day quarantine is in place for arrivals from that destination, due to COVID-19.