Your Health and Safety is our top priority. It underpins all our decision-making processes when planning your itinerary. Our team have over 30 years’ experience in organising trips safely in 16 countries.
Our comprehensive Safety Management System, compliant to the British Standard 8848 – Specification for the provision of visits, fieldwork, expeditions and adventurous activities outside the United Kingdom, ensures your trip meets the highest safety standards required. This includes:
- Detailed Risk Assessments are produced for all itineraries, including all activity and locations, following detailed audits. These are reviewed and updated regularly following safety visits and feedback from our leaders and in-country partners
- Extensive itinerary planning with our in-country partners to ensure all activities, and project work, is well prepared. This includes following advice from the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO), Embassies and High Commissions
- Our in-country partners, who have been carefully selected, ensure all necessary bookings and arrangements are in place and ready prior to your team’s arrival
- Full pre-departure support is given to all students, from advising on the correct kit, to necessary visas, and vaccinations. This is provided via our personalised team app and students and parents’ briefings at school
- All participants are screened by the Global Action Medical Advisor to ensure we are able to provide full support to all students on a Global Action trip
- We include in the trip cost comprehensive Travel Insurance to ensure each participant has comprehensive travel and medical insurance, including air evacuation and repatriation.
- Global Action operates a strict adult to participant ratio, tailored to the itinerary and activities, but never exceeding 1:8
- Each team is led by a qualified and experienced Global Action Leader. All leaders are assessed through a rigorous selection process and are Enhanced DBS checked, First Aid qualified and receive extensive safety briefings, including Global Action safety standards and incident management systems. Each has extensive experience in facilitating personal development and leadership skills with students. As a result, teachers can focus on pastoral care and be assured of their own, and the group’s safety
- A comprehensive Medical Kit is provided to all teams, along with group safety and communications equipment suitable to the itinerary
- The Global Action office provides a 24-hour duty management system in the UK to provide full support to leaders and a rapid response in the unlikely event of an emergency.
If you have any questions on health or safety, please don’t hesitate to call us