Global Action Values
We believe we have a responsibility to ensure all our activities aim to reduce poverty whilst promoting environmental conservation and social justice, in line with our learning aims. This is as relevant in the countries we travel to as it is at home in the UK.
We seek to do this by:
- Working with local providers who share our values, paying a fair and equitable cost for all services to support the development of local economies
- Ensuring our operations are of an appropriate scale and type to support local sustainable tourism development and not competing with local populations for infrastructure and resources
- Supporting and working with local agencies who can ensure all projects visited and participated in by Global Action participants are well designed, appropriate to local need and can ensure a positive and sustainable outcome
- Engaging leaders who share our values in low impact travel and Leave No Trace principles
- Encouraging all participants to act in a responsible way through understanding the culture of their travel destination
- Reducing the waste our groups produce in all destinations, with a particular focus on single-use plastics
- Striving for a zero-paper office where possible, reducing waste and encouraging recycling.